Since March 13, 2020, the Whitby Chamber of Commerce has been providing updated business-specific COVID-19 information straight to your mailbox. This webpage serves as an additional level of support, with links to Provincial Regulations & Guidelines, Financial Support, Reopening Toolkits, Access to PPE suppliers, Recovery Programs and Toolkits and more.
We recognize how important your mental health is, especially during such difficult times. To find resources and supports available in Durham Region, visit their website. If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health and are in immediate danger, please call 911.
- Ontario to Reopen June 11 at 12:01 a.m.
Monday, June 7 at 1:11 p.m.
- Recovery Hiring Program & Lockdown Supports Extended
Thursday, June 3 at 9:53 a.m.
- Stay-at-Home Order Expires & Current Restrictions Still in Place
Wednesday, June 2 at 9:33 a.m.
- Paid Sick Leave Details/Funding for Black and Francophone Entrepreneurship
Tuesday, June 1 at 9:57 a.m.
- Roadmap to Reopen Ontario and Funding Manufacturing Workers
Thursday, May 20 at 4:05 p.m.
- Stay at Home Order Extended to June 2/Tourism & Travel Grant
Thursday, May 13 at 1:20 p.m.
- Rapid Screening Initiative and Update to Skilled Trades Act
Friday, May 7 at 3:16 p.m.
- Provincial Paid Sick Leave and Changes to Long-term Care Homes
Tuesday, May 4 at 4:57 p.m.
- Class Order for Durham Region
Thursday, April 22 at 9:58 a.m.
- Updated COVID-19 Restrictions Announced
Friday, April 16 at 6:11 p.m.
- Stay-at-Home Order: Provincial Announcement Details
Wednesday, April 7 at 4:03 p.m.
- Ontario-wide Emergency Brake
Thursday, April 1 at 4:57 p.m.
- Support Vaccination Efforts & Additional Business Support
Friday, March 26 at 9:29 a.m.
- Ontario Government Investing in Apprentices, Broadband, and Artists
Friday, March 5 at 1:56 p.m.
- Wage and Rent Subsidy Amounts to Remain Unchanged Through to June
Wednesday, March 3 at 2:27 p.m.
- Tax Consequences of CEBA and Government Grants for Young Black Entrepreneurs
Friday, February 26 at 4:35 p.m.
- Provincial Offences Officers Visiting Businesses Next Week
Friday, February 19 at 5:42 p.m.
- Reopening Toolkit, Main Street Relief Grant, and More!
Wednesday, February 17 at 11:35 a.m.
- Red-Control Zone and CERB Repayment Details for Businesses
Friday, February 12 at 3:16 p.m.
- Regional Approach to Reopening and More!
Monday, February 8 at 5:06 p.m.
- Funding to Enable Accessibility
Tuesday, February 2 at 1:37 p.m.
- Tourism, Hospitality and Restaurant Support Program
Thursday, January 28 at 12:46 p.m.
- Business Safety Plans and Checklists
Tuesday, January 26 at 11:12 a.m.
- Four Small Business Links
Friday, January 22 at 1:35 p.m.
- Applications for Ontario Small Business Grant now open
Friday, January 15 at 1:12 p.m.
- More info on the state of emergency in Ontario
Wednesday, January 13 at 2:57 p.m.
- Province issues stay-at-home order
Tuesday, January 12 at 3:24 p.m.
- Ontario announces provincewide shutdown
Monday, December 21 at 3:50 p.m.
- Navigating business supports
Thursday, December 10 at 11:15 a.m.
- Education and enforcement plan comes to the Region
Tuesday, December 8 at 4:39 p.m.
- Red Zone summary, increase in provincial inspectors and financial support
Monday, November 23 at 1:12 p.m.
- Orange-Restrict: Navigate the changes
Thursday, November 19 at 12:12 p.m.
- 4 COVID updates impacting your business
Wednesday, November 4 at 9:56 a.m.
- $12M investment in the Canada United Small Business Relief Fund
Wednesday, October 21 at 11 a.m.
- Government announces new, targeted support
Friday, October 9 at 4:23 p.m.
- Screening tool for workplaces
Thursday, October 1 at 3:15 p.m.
- Proposed bill would support small businesses
Friday, September 18 at 11:38 a.m.
- Extended support from the Provincial Government
Tuesday, September 8 at 12:18 p.m.
- Canada United offering small business grants
Tuesday, September 1 at 2:18 p.m.
- New and evolving support from the Government of Canada
Friday, August 21 at 12:37 p.m.
- WCC launches Ask a Leader
Monday, August 10 at 11:57 a.m.
- Changes to CEWS and mask laws
Wednesday, July 29 at 4:37 p.m.
- Stage 3 information
Monday, July 13 at 3:59 p.m.
- Take the Economic Recovery Plan Survey
Thursday, July 9 at 10:32 a.m.
- Online training to promote safe workplaces
Monday, July 6 at 12:58 p.m.
- Emergency orders extended to July 10
Tuesday, June 30 at 3:51 p.m.
- Extended time periods for temporary layoffs
Wednesday, June 24 at 3:08 p.m.
- Develop a Workplace Safety Plan
Wednesday, June 17 at 4:12 p.m.
- Durham Region enters Stage 2
Tuesday, June 16 at 12:24 p.m.
- Durham Region remains in Stage 1
Monday, June 8 at 3:12 p.m.
- Changes to the Employment Standards Act
Friday, June 5 at 9:21 a.m.
- Governments extending supports
Monday, June 1 at 2:26 p.m.
- Important info about Stage 1 openings
Friday, May 29 at 10:28 a.m.
- CEWS Consultation
Wednesday, May 27 at 1:59 p.m.
- More supports for business
Monday, May 25 at 1:32 p.m.
- Resources for reopening
Friday, May 22 at 12:08 p.m.
- Extending supports for business
Tuesday, May 19 at 1:07 p.m.
- Additional workplaces that can reopen
Thursday, May 14 at 2:32 p.m.
- Opportunities to provide feedback
Tuesday, May 12 at 1:23 p.m.
- Additional support and guidelines for business
Monday, May 11 at 2:16 p.m.
- Steps towards reopening our economy
Wednesday, May 6 at 3:43 p.m.
- Info re: opening, electricity and property tax
Monday, May 4 at 12:10 p.m.
- Ontario providing employers with workplace safety guidelines
Friday, May 1 at 11:13 a.m.
- Additional details on the CECRA
Thursday, April 30 at 12:13 p.m.
- Reopening Canada's Economy
Wednesday, April 29 at 11:37 a.m.
- Guiding principles to reopen the province
Monday, April 27 at 2:16 p.m.
- Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance
Friday, April 24 at 1:31 p.m.
- Canadian Emergency Wage Subsidy calculator
Tuesday, April 21 at 3:05 p.m.
- New support to protect Canadian jobs
Monday, April 20 at 12:26 p.m.
- Expanded access to Canada Emergency Response Benefit
Thursday, April 16 at 10:45 a.m.
- Canada Business Emergency Account
Thursday, April 9 at 11:37 a.m.
- Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
Wednesday, April 8 at 5:08 p.m.
- Canadian Business Resilience Network
Tuesday, April 7 at 11 a.m.
- Updated essential businesses list
Friday, April 3 at 3:22 p.m.
- Federal relief measures guide
Friday, April 3 at 9:23 a.m.
- Federal relief measures guide
Friday, April 3 at 9:23 a.m.
- Details of the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
Wednesday, April 1 at 4:04 p.m.
- Security tips and more
Monday, March 30 at 12:44 p.m.
- Additional supports for small businesses
Friday, March 27 at 2:23 p.m.
- Ontario Finance Minister's fiscal update
Wednesday, March 25 at 5:38 p.m.
- How to cope with the impacts
Wednesday, March 25 at 1:29 p.m.
- 3 things you need to know today
Tuesday, March 24 at 10:31 a.m.
- Fighting Coronavirus, together
Monday, March 23 at 11:59 p.m.
- Economic impact survey #2
Monday, March 23 at 9:50 a.m.
- Resources for you and your business
Thursday, March 19 at 4:02 p.m.
- Federal Economic Response Plan
Wednesday, March 18 at 2:41 p.m.
- Three updates for business
Wednesday, March 18 at 10:26 a.m.
- OCC Toolkit
Tuesday, March 17 at 9:12 a.m.
- Government of Canada EI Measures
Monday, March 16 at 10:20 a.m.
- Status of WCC operations
Friday, March 13 2020 at 4:31 p.m.
- Economic impact survey
Friday, March 13, 2020 at 9:13 a.m.