COVID-19 updates (2021)
Since March 13, 2020, the Whitby Chamber of Commerce has been providing updated business-specific COVID-19 information straight to your mailbox. This webpage serves as an additional level of support, with links to Provincial Regulations & Guidelines, Financial Support, Reopening Toolkits, Access to PPE suppliers, Recovery Programs and Toolkits and more.
We recognize how important your mental health is, especially during such difficult times. To find resources and supports available in Durham Region, visit their website. If you or someone you know is struggling with their mental health and are in immediate danger, please call 911.
- Step Three Highlights and More!
Friday, July 16, 2021
- Province Moving Into Step Three.
Friday, July 9 at 12:30 p.m.
- COVID-19 Rapid Test Kits Now Available.
Thursday, June 24 at 4:30 p.m.
- Province Moving Into Step Two.
Thursday, June 24 at 12:00 p.m.
- Ontario to Reopen June 11 at 12:01 a.m.
Monday, June 7 at 1:11 p.m.
- Recovery Hiring Program & Lockdown Supports Extended
Thursday, June 3 at 9:53 a.m.
- Stay-at-Home Order Expires & Current Restrictions Still in Place
Wednesday, June 2 at 9:33 a.m.
- Paid Sick Leave Details/Funding for Black and Francophone Entrepreneurship
Tuesday, June 1 at 9:57 a.m.
- Roadmap to Reopen Ontario and Funding Manufacturing Workers
Thursday, May 20 at 4:05 p.m.
- Stay at Home Order Extended to June 2/Tourism & Travel Grant
Thursday, May 13 at 1:20 p.m.
- Rapid Screening Initiative and Update to Skilled Trades Act
Friday, May 7 at 3:16 p.m.
- Provincial Paid Sick Leave and Changes to Long-term Care Homes
Tuesday, May 4 at 4:57 p.m.
- Class Order for Durham Region
Thursday, April 22 at 9:58 a.m.
- Updated COVID-19 Restrictions Announced
Friday, April 16 at 6:11 p.m.
- Stay-at-Home Order: Provincial Announcement Details
Wednesday, April 7 at 4:03 p.m.
- Ontario-wide Emergency Brake
Thursday, April 1 at 4:57 p.m.
- Support Vaccination Efforts & Additional Business Support
Friday, March 26 at 9:29 a.m.
- Ontario Government Investing in Apprentices, Broadband, and Artists
Friday, March 5 at 1:56 p.m.
- Wage and Rent Subsidy Amounts to Remain Unchanged Through to June
Wednesday, March 3 at 2:27 p.m.
- Tax Consequences of CEBA and Government Grants for Young Black Entrepreneurs
Friday, February 26 at 4:35 p.m.
- Provincial Offences Officers Visiting Businesses Next Week
Friday, February 19 at 5:42 p.m.
- Reopening Toolkit, Main Street Relief Grant, and More!
Wednesday, February 17 at 11:35 a.m.
- Red-Control Zone and CERB Repayment Details for Businesses
Friday, February 12 at 3:16 p.m.
- Regional Approach to Reopening and More!
Monday, February 8 at 5:06 p.m.
- Funding to Enable Accessibility
Tuesday, February 2 at 1:37 p.m.
- Tourism, Hospitality and Restaurant Support Program
Thursday, January 28 at 12:46 p.m.
- Business Safety Plans and Checklists
Tuesday, January 26 at 11:12 a.m.
- Four Small Business Links
Friday, January 22 at 1:35 p.m.
- Applications for Ontario Small Business Grant now open
Friday, January 15 at 1:12 p.m.
- More info on the state of emergency in Ontario
Wednesday, January 13 at 2:57 p.m.
- Province issues stay-at-home order
Tuesday, January 12 at 3:24 p.m.