Welcome to The Landing Pad!
The Landing Pad is a business resource centre that offers one-stop shopping for businesses of all kinds, including home-based entrepreneurs.
If you’re a business owner and want to:
- Broaden your reach
- Learn more about business support
- Engage with seasoned, established businesses of all shapes and sizes
…The Landing Pad is the place for you!
"Our mission is to support any business with exceptional resources, connections & referrals" - Susanne Gagnon, CEO, Whitby Chamber of Commerce
The Landing Pad is a place where businesses can land physically or virtually and take advantage of:
- Networking opportunities with seasoned business community members
- Navigating COVID and available support and resources
- Access to programming for business owners, covering topics such as technology innovation, mentorship opportunities, and business best practices
- Access to Town of Whitby programming including introductions to Economic Development and incentives for businesses in Town of Whitby (i.e., CIP, Façade Grant, Sign Grant, Design Grant, Interior Heritage Grant)
- Workforce planning data: specific to the Region and business categories
"Our resources, products, and services will continue to evolve to meet business needs." - Clorraine Dennie, Executive Director, Downtown Whitby Business Improvement Area
Founded in 2017, the Afro Caribbean Business Network (ACBN) works to unify and educate Black entrepreneurs in its network of more than 5000 businesses in Toronto, Peel and surrounding areas. The ACBN has cultivated a community for Black business owners where they can cross-promote their products and services to build their ventures and participate in relevant business and personal growth workshops. ACBN supports Black Founders with strategic planning to assist with capacity building with resources such as microloans, marketing and sales support as well as investment readiness training. ACBN has conducted extensive research in southern Ontario to understand the current landscape of Black Entrepreneurs and the barriers they face. As part of the National Black Entrepreneurship Ecosystem, ACBN works with business support partners to create solutions to eliminate barriers Black entrepreneurs may face.
"We are excited to provide support to Black entrepreneurs and network with the vast network of business owners in Durham from all cultures and backgrounds." - Ryan-O'Neil Knight, Executive Director, Afro Caribbean Business Network
The Landing Pad is managed in partnership with the Downtown BIA and the Whitby Chamber of Commerce.