Certificates of Origin
The Whitby Chamber of Commerce (WCC) can certify a variety of documents for international shipping. We follow the procedures set out by the Canadian Chamber of Commerce in regards to certifying documents. Before we can certify your documents, we require that you either have them notarized or provide us with a notarized letter of waiver. If you will be doing a lot of shipping, providing a notarized letter is generally easier and less time-consuming. We will keep the letter on file so that you do not need to have your shipping documents notarized each time you have a certification done. The letter will be valid for two years, unless your contact information changes.
- this service will remain exclusively for our members, and will remain free of charge
- as a member of our chamber, you are also a member of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce – for your convenience they offer an online product to help certify. For more information, please visit their website: https://www.esscert.com/canada
Questions? Please email email@example.com
*Please Note: Our office is currently operating in a hybrid format and there may not be a staff member in the office at all times of the day. If you would like to arrange a Certificate of Origin signature and stamp, please contact us using the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a pickup or drop-off.*
BEFORE you request a Certificate of Origin, please provide us with The Letter of Waiver:
- Download this letter, then copy and paste the text onto your company’s letterhead, deleting or replacing the red text as needed.
- Sign the customized letter in front of a lawyer or notary public, who will then stamp the document. If you have a commissioner of oaths on staff, that person can notarize the letter for you.
- Bring the notarized letter of waiver to the Chamber office with the documents you need certified. They will be kept on file by our Office Manager: email@example.com
The Certificate of Origin Process:
This process will take about 5-10 minutes, depending on the number of documents that need to be certified; and is available Tues.-Thursday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM at the chamber offices. In order to have these documents signed:
- You must have a Letter of Waiver signed and notarized with the WCC on file
- Have an appointment pre-arranged with firstname.lastname@example.org
If anything is provided/couriered/sent to the chamber during non-processing dates or times it will wait for Brenda’s return to the office. We appreciate the time-sensitive nature of your requests but as a small chamber, all staff are unavailable and are not cross-trained on all roles/responsibilities pertaining to our operations.
- Certificates of Origin
- Visa applications (especially to Saudi Arabia)
- Agency agreements
- Certificates of analysis
- Membership in a Chamber
- Business registration in provinces/country
- Certificates of free sale
- ask us!
We cannot certify:
- NAFTA certificates of origin—see CCRA form B232
- Certificates of origin from other countries (but we can sign off that origin is non-Canadian)
- Government inspection agency certificates
- Any document with a boycott clause
- Scholastic degrees or diplomas
- Personal documents, such as divorce, marriage or death certificates
- Food inspection certificates