Why the Chamber?
Welcome to the Chamber family!
New to the Chamber?
We're so glad you see the value in joining and want to ensure you to get the most out of your membership! Follow us on social media! Join a committee! Check out our advertising opportunities! Attend an event!
We know attending an event when you don't know anyone can be a bit intimidating. Luckily, you can usually find one of our Ambassadors greeting you at the front door. They're on deck to make sure you know where you're going, what's on the agenda and to introduce you to fellow members.
Look out for these friendly faces:
Royal Ashburn Golf Club
Business Development Bank of Canada
RBC Royal Bank
Downtown Whitby BIA
Step By Step Pro DJ
Sparrow Lane Interiors
Employee of a member business?
All employees of a member business can take advantage of the perks associated with a Chamber membership, including attending events and opportunities to save money. Learn more.
Entrepreneur or home-based business?
Have you started a new business? Wondering how to broaden your reach, find mentors in the business community and move past the startup phase? When you’re ready to network with established businesses, potential partners, investors and learn about managing your business – its time to join the Chamber. Take advantage of the many opportunities to get to know the business community:
- Many free or low-cost events are listed on the Chamber Events calendar each month, including Chamber on Tap, mNetworking, mMornings and, of course, the bi-weekly Java Jolts in both downtown Whitby and Brooklin.
- Want to post your own events or see what's happening in town? Check out our Community Events calendar!
- The WCC partners with a number of companies to provide savings programs and help you cut costs, including gas, insurance, benefits, shipping and travel!
- Need a place to meet? The WCC boardroom is available to rent - and members get one free hour per month!
- Support local businesses and save money with the WCC's Member to Member (M2M) Discounts!
Are you a college or university student?
As post-secondary students, learning to network with potential employers isn’t easy. Leverage our $30/year membership to access entrepreneurs, young professionals, potential employers and practice your networking skills:
- There are many free or low-cost events that are listed on the Chamber Events calendar each month.
- Students get a 30 per cent discount on all four of the Chamber's Signature Events, including Connect Women, the annual Golf Tournament, The Business Summit, and the Peter Perry & Business Achievement Awards gala.
- The Young Entrepreneurs & Professionals (YEP) Committee also hosts four events through the year to get you networking outside of the boardroom. Look out for the annual curing and volleyball tournaments, as well as the YEP's Crazy, Cozy, Ugly Holiday Sweater Social!
Looking to take on a leadership role?
Whether your an employee of a member organization looking for a unique opportunity, a business owner who wants to get involved in the community or a retiree ready to give back, there are a number of ways to become a leader through your Chamber membership:
- Join a committee or the Board of Directors. Reach out to find out how!
- Help support Chamber programming through sponsorship. A wide variety of opportunities are available throughout the year.
- Pass on your expertise through the WCC Mentorship Program.