Why the Chamber?
Welcome to the Chamber family!
New to the Chamber?
We're so glad you see the value in joining and want to ensure you to get the most out of your investment! Follow these steps to jump in and start growing your business:
1. Choose your Chamber Champion. Looking for someone to show you the field? Contact one of our many MVP’s who can answer your questions.
2. Take advantage of our partnership with snapd Whitby and leverage the power of augmented reality. Secure your spot on our new member spread in snapd’s monthly printed paper.
3. Set up a Member 2 Member (M2M) discount to help promote shopping local. Make sure to check out all of the active M2M deals you have access to!
4. Attend an event. The Whitby Chamber of Commerce hosts more than 80 events each year, from free networking events, annual fun-filled tournaments hosted by the Young Entrepreneurs & Professionals Committee, leadership events such as the Mayor’s Luncheon, to our four signature events including full-day conferences like Connect Women and the historical Peter Perry & Business Achievement Awards.
We know attending an event when you don't know anyone can be a bit intimidating. Luckily, you can usually find one of our Ambassadors greeting you at the front door. They're on deck to make sure you know where you're going, what's on the agenda and to introduce you to fellow members.
Look out for these friendly faces:
Royal Ashburn Golf Club
Business Development Bank of Canada
RBC Royal Bank
Step By Step Pro DJ
Sparrow Lane Interiors
5. The Whitby Chamber of Commerce works with a number of organizations to provide its membership with savings opportunities on expenses that many businesses face, from employee benefits; home, auto and travel insurance; office supplies; gas; and shipping.
6. Invest in advertising to raise awareness of your business. To learn more about your options meet with Marketing & Communications Manager, Heather Bulman, to talk about a plan that works for your objectives and budget.
7. There are a number of ways to take on a leadership role in the Chamber, including a wide range of sponsorship opportunities. Meet with Engagement & Outreach Manager, Lorna McGhee, to talk about what options are currently available.