Rapid Antigen Screening Kit
In partnership with the Town of Whitby, the Whitby Chamber of Commerce is pleased to provide COVID-19 rapid tests for small and medium-sized businesses. Any businesses (including non-chamber members) with 150 employees or less are welcome to participate in this program. The goal of the program is to identify asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace that might otherwise be missed, helping to curb the spread in the workplace, at home and around the community.
Step-by-Step How to Order Self-Screening Kits:
1. Fill out the COVID Test Kit Order Form
2. Once an order is received and packaged you will be notified by the Whitby Chamber of Commerce. Please do not visit the pick-up site until your pick-up time has been scheduled.
3. Each company should assign a Screening Supervisor Designate, who will be the contact person.
4. If you have multiple businesses, please fill out one form per business.
5. Pick up your test kits on the date and time provided by the Whitby Chamber of Commerce at:
Centennial Building: Attersley Room
416 Centre St S, Whitby, ON L1N 4W2
Tuesdays and Fridays from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
6. When entering the premises to pick up the kits, answer the mandatory Town of Whitby COVID-self-screening survey.
What you need to know before you order:
- Fill out your completed PASP (Provincial Antigen Screening Program) form. Click here to download the agreement form. Please bring a printed copy of the completed form when you pick up your first order or e-mail an electronic copy to info@Whitbychamber.org
- You will be required to watch a 5-minute training video during your initial pick-up; please ensure employees have all reviewed this video instructing how to perform the test correctly.
- For pick-up: capacity is limited to 4 visitors at any one time. Ideally, please send your business lead to pick up the kits. This same individual will be accountable for ordering, witnessing the tests, tracking, reporting results and bringing back used tests for proper destruction.
- Masks and physical distancing are mandatory while in the building for picking up the tests.
Reporting Your Results:
In order to participate in the Workplace Self-Screening program, all participants must agree to report ALL data regarding screening results of the Screening Kits EACH WEEK.
Your Screening Supervisor Designate will be responsible for reporting all results.
Results can only be submitted through the online portal.
Results are shared with Health Canada and the Ministry of Health Ontario.
What happens when I run out of screens?
Due to supply, each organization will get a two-week allotment of screening kits. When your kits are 50-70% used up, it is recommended that you place a refill order. We cannot guarantee supply.
What happens after I place my order?
- Once your order is placed, we will be notified and will contact you as soon as possible via phone or email with a pickup date and time.
- Please note that due to high initial demand, we may take one to two business days to assign you a pick up date and time.
- At this time, we unfortunately, cannot allow you to choose from a selection of pick up dates and times. If the assigned date and time does not work for you, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Please do not show up at the pick up location without your confirmed pick up date and time.
What happens when I arrive to pick up my order?
- All orders will be distributed for pickup at X
- Please ensure you arrive on time for your pickup. Failure to arrive at your assigned pickup time will mean you won’t be able to pick up your kits and you’ll be placed at the bottom of the waiting list to be assigned a new date and time.
- When you arrive on site, please put your mask on and follow the instructions including bringing back the used tests kits for appropriate disposal.
Anyone who receives a positive test result through the Workplace Self-Screening Kit will need to make arrangements with their local Public Health Unit to receive a PCR test as soon as possible. They must also work with Public Health to determine when it is safe for them to return to work.