WHITBY (January 27, 2023) – Join the largest Black History Month business event in the Region! Hosted by the Ajax Pickering Board of Trade, Clarington Board of Trade, Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce and the Whitby Chamber of Commerce, this half-day event will feature tremendous speakers, inspiration and networking. In addition to Isaac Olowolafe and Randell Adjei, a business panel will be on hand to discuss support available to the business community!
Featured Speakers & Panelists:
- Isaac Olowolafe
- Co-founder & General Partner of BKR Capital. Before co-founding BKR, Isaac was acting as General Partner for Dream Maker Venture fund (DMV), that primarily invested in early stage technology companies with founding teams inclusive of persons of colour, women, persons with disabilities, immigrant, refugee and Indigenous entrepreneurs.
- Randell Adjei
- An entrepreneur, speaker and spoken word practitioner who uses his gifts to Empower the message of Alchemy. He was recently appointed Ontario’s first Poet Laureate. Randell, is the founder of one of Toronto’s largest youth led initiatives; Reaching Intelligent Souls Everywhere (R.I.S.E Edutainment).
- Business Panel: focusing on existing community ready to support black-owned business and entrepreneurs.Moderator
- Ross Cadastre, Founder and CEO of Innovative Talent Solutions Inc.
- Isaac Wanzama, Founder and Chief Strategist at geekspeak commerce
- BACD – Teresa Shaver, CEO
- FACE Coalition – Tiffany Callender, Co-Founder and CEO
- Sparks Centre – Kristina Svana, Director, Marketing
To learn more about this event and for full speaker bios, visit whitbychamber.org.
Established in 1928, The Whitby Chamber of Commerce (WCC) is a not-for-profit business organization that inspires economic opportunities for our members. Our tagline ‘Because Your Success is Everything’ demonstrates our commitment to engage the business community through advocacy, networking and mentorship. We create connections and foster a thriving business community, proudly serving the needs of our membership. Come experience how we establish solid relationships, develop business leads, or simply unwind after hours.
For more information please contact:
Marketing and Communications Manager
Whitby Chamber of Commerce